To register for an account on BioData Catalyst powered by Seven Bridges and access dbGaP-regulated Controlled Data on the Platform, you need to have an eRA Commons account as well as access permissions through the Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP).
- Access the log in page.
- Click Create an account
- Click Continue with eRA Commons.
- You are redirected to the iTrust login page, where you should enter your eRA Commons or NIH CIT credentials and click Log in.
- Next, you will be asked to authorize Seven Bridges to manage your access to Controlled Data. If you agree, click Yes, I authorize.
- Finally, you are redirected back to the registration form.
- Complete the registration form.
- Click Proceed to the platform.
You have now successfully registered for an account on the BioData Catalyst powered by Seven Bridges. If you used your eRA Commons credentials and your account is associated with an approved dbGaP data access request for TOPMed Controlled Data, you now should have access to those data on the Platform. To check:
- Click your username in the upper right corner, and choose Account Settings.
- Click the Dataset Access tab.
In order to maintain a high level of security and prevent unauthorized access to the Platform, we are checking passwords against a database of commonly used passwords and those that were compromised in data breaches across the Internet, which is why they are considered unsafe. If the password you enter exists in the database, you will need to use a different one. Also, please note that passwords that don't pass the validation are neither stored anywhere in the Seven Bridges system nor linked to your account in any respect.
Additionally, the entire password validation process takes place within the Seven Bridges infrastructure, which ensures an extra level of security as there are no third-party services involved. This mechanism applies when trying to perform the following actions:
- Sign up for a new account.
- Set up a new password to replace an expired one.
- Change your password.
If you are experiencing any other difficulties in setting up or changing your account password, please contact our Support Team.
Updated over 2 years ago